Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 12....

Danny's turn to start blogging...


Driving back from the beach....
We stopped into this ranch/stable that has horse shows where the people dance in costumes alongside the horses and parade in this huge show...



The shows are only weekends but we did get to walk around and see all the animals...

Hi....

...So pretty, he had the munchies....

...Grab your saddle and get ready to ride...

...The lawn where the horses parade around...

...The plants here are beautiful...
The restaurant...
...sit and have a great meal, some cocktails, and watch the show...

...more foliage...

....the flowery path...

...puff up, they hate that....

...Taking a little roll around in the hay...

...Shake it off buddy...

...Chewing on some yummy hay...

....Gather up ur stir-ups cowboys and get ready to ride...
...Out the gates into more corals...

....cock-a-doodle-dooo...
...I chased this guy down to get this picture so he better be famous now...
...dumb blonde girl following around a rooster...great...the picture should have been of the two of us...

...This horse was the kindest, he wanted so much attention.., kept nuzzling us...

...Good horsey!!...

...Danny just showing him how we bump fists in California...

...Jessica, the animal tamer...
...she could be the next horse whisperer...

...Steven giving Mister Needy some attention...

...Giving a little love back...

...These two loverbirds kept nuzzling eachother...so cute!!!

Next stop....the outdoor market...

...Fresh exotic fruit lined the aisle...

...Alot of types I had never seen before...an then of course the types we all know, bananas, pears, apples, and watermelons...this place makes you want to start rethinking your diet...

...Our own little stash at home...plus, the coca leaves we brought back from the cuy farm in Machu Pichu...you make tea with it, it's good for alttitude sickness...

...We opted to stop by our local juice spot for some smoothies and a sandwich...

...these are grenadia seeds...from a local fruit...
...they mix them in the smoothies, they're really good, but slimey...

...next door there's a place that has these potatoe quiche's for lunch...

...I opted for my strawberry smoothie and triple egg, avocado, and tomatoe sandwich...
...which I made Steven order for me, by the way, because I was so exhausted and couldn't fathom trying to decipher my bad spanish right now...needless to say, our food was to go...
...but on the walk back I peaked in the lunch place Jess has been telling me about...
...It's right across from the smoothie joint and has an amazing little oasis feel...

Fishbowl of matches...
...I only took one because the hostess was there, otherwise my pockets would be lined...

The place feels like your over a lake on the dock...

Azul chairs greet you at the bar...

...chalkboards are tre chic these days...

...The dishes passed me on the way by had me looking at my brown bag, thinking I made the wrong choice...I have no idea what all this is...all I know is that I can't wait to find out...we have to eat here before we leave...

...And as if that weren't enough, there is the cutest little cookie shop next door...
...Don't worry Steven, there's a ten second rule...

...Decadent...

...Perhaps you'd like to try a lemon bar or a praline bar??

So after some good food and a much needed nap, Danny and I snacked on some juicy tomatoes an fresh organic beans...it was good, but Jess thought we were nuts...
Jess and Steven went off to buy some authentic Peruvian instruments after we seperated paths...they came back just in time to give us a little demonstration...sorry, but I don't know how to flip the footage yet when I take it this way, either have to learn my lesson or maybe you all know??



It still gives you the idea...yes...that's a donkey bone that he is playing and it makes a rattling noise because the teeth are loosely fitted in their original places...quite interesting...

...Danny doing his best beetlejuice impersonation with the jaw bone...

...A little music goes so well with wine, so off to the wine bar up the street...

...La Esquina...

...quaint little wine bar with quite the selection...

...any kind of liquor you want to drink and when you've had all you can have ...
...just follow the arrow...

...vino y pan....

....Great night out with the gang....

...pinapple carpaccio with a fruit glaze and basil and carne bruschetta with parmesan and capers...

....my glass is definitely half full...
...except that I keep drinking it, but you know what I mean...

...as we leave our great hosts, we're off to tackle vines and swing from trees,

Tarzan and Jane hop on a plane tomorrow to Iquitos...just wait to see what you're in for next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment